Speak Up and be Safe from Abuse online learning modules
The Speak Up and be Safe from Abuse online learning package is designed for support workers, teachers and other professionals who work with people with complex communication needs.
This online learning package equips learners with evidence-based knowledge and skills to support people with complex communication needs to understand and talk about abuse and neglect.
The package consists of 3 modules:
- Module 1: An introduction to communication styles and communication aids
- Module 2: Abuse and Neglect and people with communication support needs
- Module 3: Having a conversation about abuse and neglect with a person who has communication support needs
Access the package of all 3 online learning modules for just $80 per user. Ask us about packages for multiple users in your organisation.
Limited free places for Victorian providers
Thanks to funding from the Department of Health and Human Services, Victoria, Scope is able to offer 100 free online learning packages each quarter until July 2021. The places will be awarded on a first-come-first-served basis. Maximum allocation of 10 places per organisation. To take advantage, you must:
- Work for a Victorian service provider
- Provide services to people with communication support needs
Customised training packages
Scope's Communication and Inclusion Resource Centre can offer a customised version of the Speak Up and be Safe from Abuse training package for staff working in direct support, quality or management roles.